So, until then I thought I'd bring you a little list of some of the things I think we learned over this past weekend.
1. The SEC is not as good as it seems - college football is cyclical, they are good but not as good as the media makes them out to be.
2. The ACC is not as bad as it seems - Ok, they're not great either, but they will bounce back.
3. VaTech and Clemson will still be good. East Carolina is no slouch, VaTech is better than they played. Clemson wasn't prepared, they'll regroup.
4. Miami will be better than many expect - Just a gut feeling on my part.
5. Demaryius Thomas can block - he laid the wood on a few JaxState players down field.
7. Jaybo needs to eat some cheese burgers. He looked good on the field, but he's so little I worry about his durability. He'll hit the weight room and maybe in a few years we'll get shades of Eric Crouch. I sure hope so. Nesbitt is the clear number one and maybe in a few years we'll get shades on Joe Hamilton. I sure hope so.
8. The uni gold looks good in photos, not so good on the CSS rebroadcast. The helmets don't match the pants, at least on TV. Looked good in photos though and overall I think the uni is more vibrant but much more yellow than the past color. Didn't look nearly as good as the pic of Calvin to your left.
9. People Love the GTG's, People Hate the GTG's. For every person that enjoyed the "Perfect Option" video before the game Thursday, there were just as many that hated it and felt like it should never be shown again. I think it's supposed to be all in good fun and not taken so seriously, but I can see how it could add to the nerdy white guy stereotype that Tech carries.
10. Dan Voss is bringing sexy back. You gotta love the 'stache. They have such a 70's porn star meets child molester quality. Very fetch!